26 June 2013
25 June 2013
12 June 2013
During the month of February, in the year of the Fire Tiger 1986, Asia's first republic stunned the world by doing the unthinkable, carry out a peaceful revolution now known as “People's Power.” With the ensuing euphoria, everyone expected the nation to march forward, reap the benefits of economic and social development, and set the trend for democratic revolutions worldwide.
Now, more than 25 years after that fateful event, developments have become frustrating and depressing, no true compatriot seems to remember what happened, how it happened, and why it happened. The nation appears to have turned full circle, finding itself in the same state as it was before the EDSA Revolution – under an authoritarian regime, a co-opted mass media, an economy controlled by the few elite, a foreign policy dictated by a foreign power, and a social milieu facing a violent communist rebellion.
Instead of seeing the fulfillment of the great promises of the People's Power revolution, the nation instead saw the emergence of 3 mortal enemies of the state from inside and outside the homeland. They are the “oligarchs” of extractive power blocks led by the Aquino-Cojuangco and Lopez families, the “imperialists” consisting of rightist elements of the United States government, and the “communists” of the leftist CPP-NPA-NDF.
In various ways these forces of darkness sought to take credit for the peaceful revolution, reward themselves with valuable sequestered properties, entrench themselves in all three (3) branches of government, establish a most powerful mass media machinery, create a personality cult around “hero Ninoy” and “saint Cory”, co-opt foreign policy to promote foreign rather than national interests, and subvert democratic electoral processes to fund and support a violent armed struggle.
Looking back at recent history, the people now realize that they should have seen what was coming, if only they opened their eyes to what they did not want to see. Shocking incidents came about that would have awakened the people to the true character of their leaders. The co-opted mass media however chose to “kill” these “stories” and deceive the public. Here are some of the stories:
1. The reported plunder by family members and relatives of Pres. Cory Aquino of boxes of jewelry from Malacanang, shortly after the Marcoses left and the new regime took overi; the reported plunder by relatives of Pres. Cory Aquino involving government owned shares in PLDT and PALii; if left unrefuted, these anomalies could debunk the myth of the infallible Cory Aquino;
2. The reported plunder by the Lopezes of government shares in Meralco and ABS-CBN, implemented via direct verbal orders of Pres. Cory Aquino, without any single centavo paid for the unlawful takingiii; if left unrefuted, the taking of Meralco and ABS-CBN by the Lopezes could be the biggest plunder case in the nation's history;
3. The reported reneging by Pres. Cory Aquino of her campaign promise to distribute more than 6,000 hectares of Hacienda Luisita to the farm workers, which actually belonged to the workers already if only the financing contract between the Cojuangcos and the government were followediv; if left unrefuted, the retention of Hacienda Luisita by the Cojuangcos could be the biggest land grab case in the nation's history;
4. The reported orders of Pres. Cory Aquino to suppress the Congressional investigation of the Plaza Miranda bombing, which involved witnesses pointing to the CPP-NPA-NDF under Joma Sison as the real perpetrators, and the acquiescence of Ninoy Aquino to the plot to kill and maim his own party mates and supportersv; if left unrefuted, Joma Sison of the CPP-NPA-NDF could be Southeast Asia's first and foremost modern day terrorist, and Ninoy Aquino could be the nation's most treacherous politician;
5. The reported leading role of the US Embassy in instigating the Hello Garci and Hyatt 10 scandals and successive coup d'etat (by Danilo Lim, Antonio Trillanes, et al) against the Arroyo government, because of the latter's refusal to align national foreign policy with the US foreign policyvi; this involved the pull-out of Philippine military forces from Iraq to save the life of a Filipino OFW held hostage by Islamic militants, and Government-to-Government dealings with China to fund major infrastructure projects in the Philippines;
6. The reported leading role of IFES (International Federation of Electoral Systems), a Washington based NGO funded by USAID and the US State Department, in securing the entry of the Venezuelan company Smartmatic to take full technical control of Philippine automated elections characterized by the blatant disablement of basic safeguards against electronic fraud, facilitating the scheming and unauditable win of Noynoy Aquino as President in 2010, the win of Aquino's majority of 9 senators in 2013, and soon of Aquino's successor in 2016vii;
7. The reported persistent stance of the CPP-NPA-NDF under Joma Sison to refuse discussions on disarmament, demobilization and reintegration (DDR) in all peace talks with the government, and instead pursue discussions on the formation of a coalition governmentviii; if left unrefuted, this could show the utter lack of intent to abandon the ideological armed struggle, and instead show the scheming intent to deceive the government and subvert the democratic processes.
To arrest the nation's regression to a failed state, and redirect our nation back towards its rightful destiny, we now CALL on all patriotic citizens of the Republic to rise up and take peaceful, persistent and concerted action against the Oligarchs, Imperialists and Communists, who with arrogance and impunity subverted our democracy, plundered our wealth and abused our people. Let us ALL stand together against the Enemies of the State, exact justice on their crimes against the people, and dismantle once and for all their unjust social structures.
We call on the People to summon its Power, to reject the PCOS elections of 2010 and 2013, punish those responsible for the automated fraud – Filipino and foreigner alike, dismantle yellow media's tools of deceit – particularly ABS-CBN, Inquirer and Philstar, reject the hypocrisy of the Aquino personality cult, demand disarmament in peace talks with the CPP-NPA-NDF, abrogate the pro-oligarch Cory Constitution, approve a new Constitution that enshrines only the basic principles and structures held by and representative of the people, and establish a new government, free from the control or influence of the enemies of the state, and dedicated to the rule of law.
Kilusan ng mga Tagapagtanggol ng Bayan (KTB)
12 June 2013
iii Manila Times, 14 May 2008, Government still owns Meralco, Efren L. Danao
vi Gonzalo M. Jurado, Ph.D, The Present as History: A Narration and Interpretation of Events, 31 December 2009, http://dodongakakakiko.blogspot.com/2010/01/hello-garci-and-aragoncillo-project_12.html
Transcript of Chargé d’Affaires Joseph Mussomeli’s interview on ANC 21’s “Dateline Philippines,”with Ricky
Carandang, 08 July 2005. Previously available at the US Embassy – Manila website at http://manila.usembassy.gov/.
Excerpt of ANC 21 interview:
Ricky: Can you categorically tell us right now, sir, that the United States Government supports the administration of Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo?
CDA: I could categorically tell you that we support the rule of law. Within that context, we believe that the President is still the President, obviously. That it is within her legal rights to remove her cabinet; her Cabinet is hers to do with as she pleases, but that doesn’t mean we’re not disappointed in that. It doesn’t mean that we’re not worried; this is something that distracts from the reforms that she was committed to and we hope is still committed to. You know, I know many of he Cabinet members who have resigned now, and the ones that I know are all very decent, and good people, patriots -- people who are concerned for the welfare of the Filipino people. So, it is a worrisome thing, but it is certainly within her rights. (emphasis supplied)
Ricky: Do you agree with the characterization of some of the President’s allies that these cabinet members who spoke this morning are “adventurous?”
CDA: No, I couldn’t agree with that. I know some of them very well, and the ones I know, frankly, have accepted these posts as an act of patriotism and are concerned for the welfare of the people. They could make a lot more money and have a lot more prestigious roles in the private sector, but they have chosen to be in the Cabinet... (emphasis supplied)
Ricky: …that pertain to reports, widespread speculation that the United States may have had some involvement on this. If you recall when the tapes first came out, Secretary Bunye himself said that there were reports that the Americans had something to do with it, and of course you said that you had nothing do with it.
CDA: Right, and that was actually proven true.
US ambassador greets Noynoy at Times St.
Posted at 05/21/2010 6:16 PM | Updated as of 05/21/2010 6:19 PM
US Ambassador pays visit to Noynoy in Quezon City
Jam Sisante, GMANews.TV May 21, 2010 5:20pm
US commends Philippine mid-term polls
US Embassy congratulates PHL on midterms polls